Free of Symptoms (Clinic Policy)
It is the goal of Santo ISD to provide an environment that is conducive to learning for all students and staff. Some communicable diseases or conditions may warrant exclusion from school to avoid exposing other students. If your student exhibits any of the following symptoms, please keep your student home until the child is free of the symptoms and has been satisfactorily treated.
- Temperature of 100 degrees or above
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Persistent cough
- Open, itchy or draining lesions
- Red, itchy, draining eyes
- Presence of live lice or nits in the hair
- Suffering from a reportable disease, as defined by the Texas Board of Health
- Undiagnosed scaly patched on the body or scalp
Your child must be 24 hours free of fever without Tylenol or Advil and not throwing-up for 24 hours before they return to school. Antibiotics must be taken for 24 hours before returning to school.