8th Grade HEALTH
Instructor: Jackie Jeter
Planning period: 10:42-11:31
E-mail address: email@example.com
Course Description: This course will provide students with the necessary information to optimize their own potential and achieve wellness in their lives.
- Each six weeks will consist of 50% Daily Work AND 50% TESTs. Tests may include chapter exams, identification exams, and major projects. Daily work may include homework, quizzes, activities, and participation.
- Major projects – research projects, etc. may be assigned throughout the semester. Each project will include a handout of details, expectations, and grading.
- Late homework- without an excused absence, will be reduced by 10 points for each day late. A ZERO will be given after the 3rd day! Please no whining or excuses!
- MAKE-UP WORK: If you are absent, it is YOUR responsibility to obtain any assignments you missed while you were gone. (SEE THE “BUG BOARD”)
- Missed exams must be taken BEFORE OR AFTER SCHOOL!
**CHEATING ON A TEST OR ASSIGNMENT WILL RESULT IN A ZERO FOR ALL INVOLVED!
- Students need to be in their assigned seat and ready when the bell rings.
- Materials (pencil, notebook) must be brought to class each day!
- Treat everyone with respect! No talking when TEACHER is talking!
- Cell phones must be put into “PHONE POUCH” unless permission is given by teacher.
- Stay in your seat at all times unless permission is given by teacher!
- No food or drink allowed in classroom. (water must be kept in a clear plastic bottle)
- Be dismissed by the TEACHER NOT THE BELL!
*Please take care of going to the restroom and getting drinks BEFORE the bell rings! You will not be allowed to leave the classroom unless it is an emergency!